and Multi Port Fuel Injection to a New Level.
SFI-6 Flash System
$450 US (self-install)
$520 US (including 1228253 ECM and installation. Ready to go)
The EBL SFI-6 Flash
does away with the burning and swapping of chips. On-board flash is
the What's Up Display. No more swapping chips, no more ECM on the floor
of the vehicle. Put the ECM back into place under the dash (or seat, or
kick panel or
wherever it is intended to be). Then flash and data log a new
calibration right from the same cable via the What's Up Display
The EBL SFI-6 Flash includes the BIN, What's Up
Display, comm cable, ECU/XDF files and documentation. This is the
self install. You may also purchase a complete ready to go EBL SFI-6 Flash
ECM. This is the listed ECM and the EBL SFI-6 Flash installed, fully tested and warrantied.
- High speed data logging
- USB interface to laptop/PC
- Fully user programmable calibration
- ECM software is enhanced with larger tables and added
- What's Up Display provides a Windows based graphical
with analysis screens Link
Screen shots of the What's Up Display
- Documented calibration parameters & tables for the
new ECM code along
with ECU and
XDF definition files (used to edit the calibration tables)
- Hardware is industrial temperature specified and conformal
reliability and long life
The EBL SFI-6 system sends ECM data to a laptop or PC running the What's
Display program. It is simply the best and fastest data logger
available for GM ECMs. The data stream contains all available engine
and vehicle parameters.
Included on the EBL board is eight analog input channels. The data from
these inputs is included real time with the ECM data. These analog
inputs can be used for data logging WB O2 units, fuel pressure, and any
other 0 to 5V linear device (accelerometer, oil pressure, oil
temperature, suspension travel, and so on).
The software to run the engine is the result of years of effort. It has
been enhanced to support engines from stock through high performance
monsters. Handles boost to 30 psi. The EBL code provides
functionality not found in stock ECMs. Wet N2O control, alcohol injection control, lean cruise,
cranking prime pulses, ability to select open loop modes for
cruise, deceleration or idle.
enhancements to the ECM code are too numerous to list. Once tuned your
run better then it ever has.
- A real shift light
- Soft touch rev limiter
- 1, 2 and 3-bar MAP support with boost SA retard and fuel
- Spark tables are high resolution and full size up to 6,400
- VE tables are high resolution and full size up to 8,000 RPM
- Acceleration enrichment (AE) tables have been expanded
- Changes to the fueling algorithms
have been made to provide a smoother, stronger running engine.
- Electric fan control for 2 fans
- N2O wet system control: minimum MPH, TPS
threshold, RPM window. Arming input
- Alcohol injection control
- Smart A/C control: PE disable, upper/lower RPM shutoff,
- Lean cruise mode for better fuel mileage
- Open loop fueling modes
- Emissions functions: EGR, CCP, A.I.R. and closed
What Else is Required:
the Embedded Lockers hardware:
- A BIN editor (such as WinBIN or Tuner Pro)
- Laptop for data logging, minimum requirements:
800 MHz, 512 MB RAM, XP, Vista, Windows 7, 800x600 screen resolution,
- For self-install, a 1228253 ECM to be converted to an EBL SFI-6 system.
The EBL SFI-6 Flash board needs to be installed into the ECM,
replacing the MEMCAL. This may be accomplished by the
purchaser or by Dynamic EFI. In order to do a self-install decent
soldering skills are required. For those purchasers that do not wish to
install the EBL board themselves Dynamic EFI charges a nominal fee for
installation. There is also an option to purchase an ECM outright with
the EBL Flash board already installed.
Link to self-install guide
1) A MEMCAL is
not required when using the EBL SFI-6 system.
2) If a MEMCAL is available it may be used to provide limp mode and
a knock filter. However, it will protrude from the case by about 1/2".
3) Knock filter is optional. For a knock filter
are several options:
Use of a MEMCAL (protrudes
Use of a pluggable knock filter such as from a 3.8l later Buick or matching engine
Use of a knock filter from a MEMCAL. User must solder to EBL board
(fits inside of case)
Use of an external knock filter. This is such as the stock 3.8L Buick Turbo setups
Copyright 2006-2013 Dynamic
EFI, All Rights Reserved.
of this document may
reproduced in any form or posted on a web site without
expressed documented permission from Dynamic EFI